I spent most of November and December watching Hallmark made-for-TV holiday movies, along with some of my Christmas favourites (various Muppet Christmas movies; Die Hard; Home Alone) so I don’t have many other movies to list since my last movies post. But I wanted to make a list today so that sometime this week I can make a list of my favourite movies watched in 2022.
As usual, I’m tracking and rating them all on my Letterboxd account, and the ones I particularly enjoyed are in bold:
- The Shining (rewatch) (this was a rewatch around Halloween, and I hadn’t seen this movie in probably a decade. It felt way too long, but I love the visuals of the hotel and the isolation)
- Antlers (this was just fine I guess)
- Bodies Bodies Bodies (rewatch)
- Deadstream (rewatch)
- Barbarian (loved the first third; loved that the movie was weirdly unpredictable; but didn’t love it as a whole)
- VHS 99 (I missed the wraparound story that the movies in this series usually have! The standouts for me were the second and fifth stories, SUICIDE BID and TO HELL AND BACK (made by the couple who made Deadstream, which I loved).)
- We’re All Going to the World’s Fair (I don’t know what the big deal about this movie was! I really tried to get it and love it but I didn’t)
- Hell Fest (not good)
- Smile (beginning and ending were the best parts, the rest was very meh)
- Spirited (Christmas!)
- Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (I didn’t like the first Knives Out movie, but I really enjoyed this one)
What have you been watching lately?