Armchair BEA: Introduction
Design credit: Nina of Nina Reads
The first topic for Armchair BEA is an introduction:
1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
I’ve been blogging since the fall of 2010. That feels like long time ago! I’m a big reader, and I wanted somewhere to share my thoughts and opinions on the books I was reading. My web-designer husband created the site for me, and after much trial and error, I finally got a handle on how to use WordPress!
2. Where in the world are you blogging from? Tell a random fact or something special about your current location. Feel free to share pictures.
I’m blogging from good old Ottawa, Ontario – the capital of Canada! It’s still a bit chilly here for May, but I know summer is on the way! I love sitting on my balcony with a good book, a Diet Coke, and the sun shining!
3. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2013?
4. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
This is such a difficult question to answer, because there are probably hundreds of authors and characters I’d love to dine with! I have a feeling, too, that this answer could change on any given day, but today I’d have to say that I would want to eat dinner with author Libba Bray. I love her books, I follow her on Twitter and she’s hilarious, and I would just love to ask her about her books, her characters, how to get my hands on the upcoming sequel to The Diviners ASAP…important things!
5. What is your favorite part about the book blogging community?
I have two favourite parts about the book blogging community! The first is that I’ve met some awesome people, both IRL and online. It took me a while to get out of my comfort zone and begin to interact with other bloggers, but I’m so happy that I did because there are some terrific bloggers out there. I love that there are other readers out there who totally understand my book love. My non-bookish friends don’t get that part of me, but I know the book blogging community does!
My other favourite part is that I’ve heard of so many more books through the book blogging community than I probably would have ever heard about or discovered on my own!
I’m looking forward to participating with more posts over the next few days, so stay tuned!